Thank you for your overwhelming response to the Sprinkler Checkup program. Appointments are fully booked for the 2023 season. If you are interested in receiving a Sprinkler Checkup next year, please sign up for the City of Fort Collins 2024 waitlist to be one of the first notified of scheduling.
Save it, don’t spray it. Make your watering more efficient with a FREE Sprinkler Checkup
Lush green lawns are a source of pride for many, but traditional grass is a water guzzler. In fact, watering your lawn can be one of the main reasons your water costs rise as the weather gets warmer. As part of our ongoing conservation efforts, Fort Collins-Loveland Water District participates in the City of Fort Collins Sprinkler Checkup Program. This program provides free water efficiency evaluations for residential sprinkler systems. These checkups help customers evaluate their system efficiency, optimal operation and potential water-saving upgrades. In the past, checkup participants have learned how to adjust their watering schedule to account for seasonal changes, which sprinkler heads are clogged or need replacing and how to make controller adjustments. Following the checkup, homeowners receive a follow-up report that includes advice on efficient lawn watering as well as a customized list of repairs for their home.
Participation in this program is open to all District customers from June through August; free checkups are offered to a limited number of customers on a first-come, first-serve basis. Water you waiting for? Visit the City of Fort Collins Sprinkler System Checkup website to get onto the waitlist or schedule your checkup. Please note that when you are inputting your account number, do NOT add the hyphen (e.g. 12345678 …. NOT 123456-78).
See Green, Save Green
What can you expect during your checkup?
- A trained technician will come to your home and conduct a 90-minute evaluation for automated, below-ground systems and 30-minute evaluation for non-automated watering.
- Full evaluation of your controller and equipment to identify broken heads or nozzles and adjust spray areas.
- A personalized report with recommended changes to watering schedules and equipment.
- Tips and tricks for how to find leaks and keep vegetation healthy all summer long
You can be part of the water-saving solution
We’ve heard our customers’ desire for increased water conservation and efficiency within our district. As part of our continued efforts, we’re pleased to offer free sprinkler system checkups to our customers, in partnership with the City of Fort Collins Utilities. This is just one of the many ways we’re working to secure the future of water for our customers.
During 2022 summer season, 235 sprinkler systems were evaluated in the District. We saw the following results:
- 42% of controllers changed to be more efficient.
- Over 1 million square feet of turf evaluated.
- Over 1 million gallons of water saved due to changes implemented after the checkup. This is equivalent to the water use of about 20 homes for one year!